Itinerant and interactive space to discover the past, present and future of our society in an innovative way
The National Museum of Science and Technology of Catalonia (MNACTEC) has launched a new travelling museum project by the name of MNACTEC BUS.
This is an interactive, technological space, inviting the public to journey into the past, present and future of our society, diving into an innovative exploration of such topics as technological progress, energy transition, culture, transport and industrial heritage
The travelling project MNACTEC BUS. Innovation, technology and society is fitted out with the technological equipment and resources needed to ensure that visitors enjoy a fascinating and memorable experience.
The aim of the project is to promote a new way of spreading scientific and technological knowledge among younger generations, with innovative formats, participatory experiences and a perspective of environmental sustainability, with a distinctly social approach. The project is also intended to bring the MNACTEC to people in more distant areas, prioritising towns in rural Catalonia.
The initiative is meant for the general public and is free of charge. Free guided tours are available for arranged groups, lasting 50 minutes.It can also be visited independently, likewise free of charge, although for reasons of capacity we advise afternoons and public holidays. For younger visitors, we have the "Optical Spinning Tops" project.
For further information and bookings, call 900 101 394 / 608 929 207 or write to the email address email@example.com.
The MNACTEC Bus opening hours are as follows:
CHANGE OF MODEL AND NEW SOCIAL CULTURE
• Changes in the landscape: discover how our landscape, villages and cities have changed, by comparing old and current photographs, and historic film footage. A graphical selection which also reveals the transformations that have taken place in social, economic and cultural terms.
• Industrial heritage and culture: the National Museum of Science and Technology of Catalonia (MNACTEC) is the head of the MNACTEC Territorial Structure, comprising 26 museums and heritage sites explaining industrialisation Catalonia. Find out about each of the member sites and discover some of their key exhibits.
• Change in habits and customs: the way we live, work and communicate has changed a great deal over the years. How did your great-grandparents communicate? How did your grandparents spend their free time? We challenge you to find out through an interactive game.
• Housing and work: head inside a textile factory, a farmhouse, a worker's home and a modern home, discovering how housing has changed over recent centuries, and the changes brought about by the Industrial Revolution.
• Human activities: most strictly human activities have remained the same for centuries. All that has changed is the way we carry them out. We invite you on a journey through time to discover how!
TECHNOLOGY, SCIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE FOR THE ECOLOGICAL TRANSITION
• Scientific research and culture: science, technology and research are the key to continued progress as a society. We use different examples from our everyday lives to talk about nanotechnology, built-in obsolescence and the synchrotron.
• Ecological transition: we face new challenges every day as a society. The ecological transition is one of the most important of them right now. Discover ecologically sustainable solutions available to the community, and tips to apply in your daily life.
• A day in the life of…: an exhibition covering the daily work of a modern baker, thanks to improvements in the digital era applied to a job dating back thousands of years.