The Museum of Science and Technology of Catalonia (MNACTEC) organised the Technical Seminar "Illustration as a form of dissemination of heritage. The work of Jordi Ballonga” on 10 February at the MNACTEC.
The aim of the seminar was to provide up-to-date information about the possibilities offered by illustration as a resource in the dissemination of cultural heritage, to present a selection of illustrated works about the museums and heritage centres of the MNACTEC Territorial Structure published in the journal Descobrir, and to showcase the professional work of illustrator Jordi Ballonga.
The seminar opened with the presentation of the publication Modern Times. Industrial Society Heritage in Catalonia, with illustrations by Jordi ballonga, published jointly by the MNACTEC and the journal Descobrir Catalunya. The presentation involved the Director-General for Archives, Libraries, Museums and Heritage of the Autonomous Regional Government of Catalonia, Joan Pluma; the editor of the journal Descobrir, Joan Morales, and the Director of the MNACTEC, Jaume Perarnau.
The topics covered by the session were:
• Understanding heritage through drawing and illustration
• Illustration as content. A new working methodology. The Education Dissemination Notebooks of the Museum of Science and Technology of Catalonia
• Technological drawing and textbooks
• Natural and human landscape Guides and drawings of Nature Parks
• Scientific and technological research and dissemination in the work of Jordi Ballonga
The session was intended for teachers, musicologists, educators, illustrators, designers and those with an interest in the understanding, research and dissemination of our cultural and natural heritage.
10/02/201510 February 2015